My friend, Alisa Fleming from Go Dairy Free, has written a comprehensive majority for people who consume dairy free. Not exclusively are these recipes dairy-free, precisely most convey been tested amongst gluten-free, nut-free together with soy-free options, too.
I convey actually been enjoying cooking from this cookbook. I made a batch of the Rich Thai Dip, precisely I omitted the sesame oil, because I know that around of our Welcoming Kitchen readers require to avoid sesame. I also used sunflower seed butter to tumble out it nut-free. It was delicious. The tip most steaming the sweetness potatoes instead of baking them made this dip a lot quicker to prepare, too.
My identify unit of measurement has been enjoying the Cowgirl Cookies inwards their lunches, together with I can’t await to endeavour the Roasted Carrot Bisque. There are thence many recipes inwards hither that are solidly delicious. It launches today, thence I recommend that y’all run out together with larn a re-create of Eat Dairy Free.
Rich Thai Dip amongst Broccoli Trees from Eat Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming
Makes vi Servings
From Alisa: While I really relish this savory, sweet, together with spicy thick dip amongst steamed broccoli, it also goes nicely amongst bell pepper strips, babe carrots, snap peas, or blanched cauliflower.
- 3 or four broccoli crowns
- 1/2 loving cup cooked mashed sweetness spud (see Sweet Potato Tips below)
- 6 tablespoons creamy unsalted almond butter (use sunflower seed or pumpkin seed butter for nut free)
- 2 to two 1/2 tablespoons lime juice or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO soy sauce, wheat-free tamari (for gluten free), or kokosnoot aminos (for soy free)
- 2 tablespoons kokosnoot carbohydrate or loosely packed brownish sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed cherry pepper
- Water or unsweetened manifestly dairy-free milk beverage, equally needed
1. Cut the broccoli into stalks together with steam for three to v minutes. For dipping purposes, broccoli stalks that are relatively crisp-tender operate best.
2. Put the sweetness potato, nut butter, two tablespoons lime juice or vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, oil, ginger, together with crushed cherry pepper inwards your blender or nutrient processor together with blend until smooth, most 1 minute. Taste, together with if desired, blend inwards the remaining 1/2 tablespoon lime juice or rice vinegar.
3. Serve the dip right away amongst the steamed broccoli stalks, or encompass together with refrigerate it for 1 hr to thicken earlier serving. If it becomes likewise thick, whisk inwards H2O or milk beverage, 1 teaspoon at a time, to thin.
4. Store leftovers inwards an airtight container inwards the fridge for upwardly to two days.
Sweet Potato Tips: To ready whole sweetness potatoes, tegument together with cutting them into 1/2-inch disks, thence steam for most fifteen minutes. Steaming preserves to a greater extent than of the season together with nutrients than boiling. For a super-fast dip, y’all tin give the axe usage canned sweetness spud puree. If y’all don’t convey sweetness potatoes or sweetness spud puree on hand, squash, carrot, or pumpkin puree makes a tasty substitute.
Credit for this Recipe: This recipe is reprinted amongst permissions from Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, together with Sweets by Alisa Fleming (BenBella Books, 2018). Photo yesteryear Nicole Axworthy.