|Photo credit: Bill Milne from Super Seeds|
Looking for an entree to serve at your Thanksgiving vacation dinner that volition function for everyone? The Amaranth Stuffed Acorn Squash from Super Seeds is non exclusively delicious as well as packed amongst seasonal flavors, exactly it too fits the Welcoming Kitchen model — it’s vegan, gluten-free as well as costless of the transcend 8 allergens.
Amaranth Stuffed Acorn Squash from Super Seeds (vegan, gluten-free, nutrient allergy safe)
Makes two Servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ loving cup diced onion (approximately ½ onion)
- 2 tablespoons diced, dried, unsulphured apricots
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon solid soil cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 loving cup prepared amaranth
To Prepare the Squash
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut squeeze inwards one-half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds.
3. Lay squeeze facedown inwards a rimmed baking dish or pan.
4. Add H2O until it’s halfway upward the sides of the squash.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven without turning off the heat.
To Make the Stuffing
1. Heat olive stone oil inwards a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion as well as gear upward for two minutes, or until onions are soft exactly non brown.
3. Add apricots, paprika, cinnamon, as well as salt. Cook for 1 to two minutes.
4. Add pumpkin seeds , as well as stir to combine. Cook for some other two minutes.
5. Remove mixture from oestrus as well as stir inwards amaranth. (If using amaranth that has been refrigerated, combine over oestrus for some other 1 to two minutes.)
To Finish the Dish
1. Scoop one-half of the filling into ane of the squeeze halves.
2. Repeat amongst the other one-half of the squash.
3. Bake filling side upward for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven as well as serve.
I hope yous have a wonderful holiday!
My novel book, Super Seeds, is available now! You tin too honour tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.