Coleslaw seems similar a summertime nutrient to me. But why? There’s actually no reason.
Crunchy cabbage lightly coated inward tangy dressing should hold out enjoyed twelvemonth round.
This is a basic, but delicious coleslaw for fall. The regal cabbage has that rich colouring that seems autumnal to me. Apple cider adds a hint of sweetness with a nod to other autumn flavors. And dijon mustard? So good!
You don’t convey to operate along this salad simple, though. Feel gratis to plough it into a hearty main-dish salad yesteryear adding sunflower seeds, dried fruit, rich avocado together with sweetness peppers (or anything else that strikes your fancy)!
You tin serve this slaw amongst your favorite autumn entree or pose around on a sandwich to add together around compaction (hummus would hold out nice).
Purple Cabbage Coleslaw (vegan, gluten-free, refined saccharide free, nutrient allergy friendly)
Makes ii cups
- 2 cups shredded regal cabbage (just piece upwardly with a sharp knife)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons apple tree cider
- In a modest bowl or jar, combine mustard together with cider.
- Toss cabbage with dressing.
- Enjoy correct away, or allow it sit down for a piece together with it gets fifty-fifty better!
My novel book, Ancient Grains: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Guide to Cooking with Power-Packed Millet, Oats, Spelt, Farro, Sorghum & Teff (Superfoods for Life), is available now! Super Seeds, is available now! You tin besides honor tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.