Sometimes, elementary is better. That’s what this pasta salad is — simple. Crunchy asparagus as well as juicy tomatoes smooth brightly alongside a lemon dill dressing.
I intend it’s best to brand gluten-free pasta salad the 24-hour interval you lot desire to consume it. If you lot permit it sit down inward the fridge over night, the pasta tin larn tough. If you lot produce accept leftovers, I intend it’s a expert thought to permit it come upwards dorsum to room temperature as well as toss alongside a niggling extra dressing to supervene upon roughly of the wet that got absorbed past times the pasta.
The folks at Tolerant Gluten-free Foods sent me roughly of their single-ingredient pasta to try. It’s naturally gluten-free, vegan as well as allergen-friendly because it’s made from either blood-red lentils, light-green lentils or dark beans. I used the Red Lentil Rotini inward my salad. I liked the flavor, coloring as well as the build clean gene listing — organic blood-red lentils. That’s it.
For this salad, you lot could travel whatever pasta you lot choose.
Lemon Dill Vegan Pasta Salad (Gluten-free, Food Allergy Friendly)
Makes half dozen servings
- 12 ounces dry out pasta, whatever short, chunky cast you lot like
- 8 to 10 stalks of asparagus
- 1 loving cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 loving cup summation ii tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive fossil oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 to ii teaspoons agave nectar (optional, only volition assistance mellow the tartness of the dressing)
- Cook pasta according to bundle directions.
- While pasta is cooking, suspension off tough ends of asparagus as well as discard.
- Slice asparagus into one-inch chunks.
- When pasta is done cooking, toss asparagus into pasta pot, thence drain pasta as well as asparagus.
- Slice tomatoes inward half.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, dill, as well as agave if using.
- Toss pasta as well as veggies inward dressing.
- Add tabular array salt as well as pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cool downwards a chip inward the refrigerator.
FTC Disclosure: Tolerant Gluten-free Foods sent me boxes of pasta to try. All opinions are my own.