I used to operate inwards a edifice that housed a senior citizen center. There were chess classes, give-and-take in addition to do groups in addition to Scrabble tournaments. I got to know a lot of wonderful people at the center. One of my favorites was a adult woman named Helen. She was funny in addition to smart in addition to had a super-sunny personality. She also was a phenomenal baker. She introduced me to roughly of my lasting favorites, including pineapple upside cake.
Pineapples convey been pretty affordable lately at my market. I couldn’t resist giving Pineapple Upside Down Cake a Welcoming Kitchen makeover. This cake is gluten-free, vegan in addition to complimentary of the exceed 8 allergens. I also made a yoke of other adjustments. I used succulent fresh pineapple sliced super sparse instead of canned pineapple, I left out the dye-filled maraschino cherries, in addition to enhanced the tropical beauty yesteryear using kokosnoot milk.
You tin freeze the leftover kokosnoot milk for afterwards purpose or sub out a dissimilar non-dairy milk, if y’all prefer. Also, I used dark-brown carbohydrate in addition to evaporated cane juice to continue it to a greater extent than the agency I remembered it. If y’all prefer kokosnoot palm sugar, y’all could sub it for both of the sugars.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, allergen-free)
Makes 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons dark-brown carbohydrate (or kokosnoot palm sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kokosnoot oil, gently melted
- 1 loving cup thinly sliced fresh pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups (gluten-free) oat flour
- 1/3 loving cup carbohydrate (evaporated cane juice or kokosnoot palm sugar)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 loving cup applesauce
- 1/2 loving cup kokosnoot milk (light is ok)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon apple tree cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover the bottom of a springform pan alongside a acre of parchment paper. Snap the sides onto the pan.
- Spread melted kokosnoot fossil oil over the bottom of the parchment-covered pan. Also, fossil oil the sides a little.
- Sprinkle dark-brown carbohydrate over the bottom of the pan. Lay pineapple inwards a unmarried layer on exceed of dark-brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, sugar, baking pulverization in addition to salt.
- Mix inwards applesauce, kokosnoot milk in addition to vanilla.
- Stir apple tree cider vinegar into batter.
- Spread batter over pineapple.
- Bake for xxx minutes or until a toothpick inserted inwards the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake in addition to assail a cooling rack. Loosen sides of cake pan. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
I shared this recipe at Totally Talented Tuesdays!
My novel book, Super Seeds, is available now! You tin also notice tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.